Ms. Vicky Chao
Mr. Laurence Chan
The Mathematics Club aims to work for the interests of our fellow students. We develop students’ mathematical curiosity and interpersonal relationship skills by conducting member meetings with various topics related to Mathematics. The purpose of the Mathematics Club is to arouse students’ interests in Mathematics so that they can become confident in Mathematics. Mathematics is a tool to train one’s logical thinking skills. It is also a sword which can solve thousands of problems in various fields in our daily life.
Member Regular Gathering Activities
- Sudoku training
- Nonogram training
- Tangram (七巧板)
- Mathematics Critical thinking questions
- Interesting Mathematics apps
School Activities and Competition in 2022-2023
- In the end of October, The Rummikub Competition was held successfully and students have participated actively. Rummikub was widely introduced to the students and teachers as it can help them to develop a quick-thinking skill.
- In Mid-April, The Mathematics General Knowledge Quiz was held successfully, all the classes from Form 1 to Form 5 have participated in the quiz. Students’ abilities in solving Mathematics problems, mental arithmetic and speed calculation have been improved and trained throughout the quiz.
- In March, the Activity Day was held successfully. Students were invited to finish some tasks in order to reach the goal. Members had to do complete missions at checkpoints which train their critical thinking skills. Moreover, this activity provided an opportunity to enhance their relationships and build trust between each other.